Summer is here! When temperatures rise, hydration is especially important—whether you’re exercising, traveling, or just sitting in the sun.
Know the Signs of Dehydration
If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. Other signs include dry lips, tongue, or eyes, headache, and fatigue. At this point, you’re already playing catch-up with any fluids you drink and your body is already straining.
Dehydration causes your heart to work harder and your blood to thicken. Left untreated, dehydration can ultimately lead to heat stroke, which requires medical treatment. The best thing you can do is to stay properly hydrated to avoid dehydration in the first place.
Tips for keeping your summer cool
- Drink plenty of water before you go out into the sun or exercise, not just during.
- Remember that kids’ body temperature rises faster than adults, so make sure they drink plenty and regularly, before they get thirsty.
- Be aware that certain medical conditions, such as diabetes or heart conditions, may require you to drink more to avoid taxing your body. Some medications also act as diuretics, causing the body to lose fluids and thus increasing your needs.
- Plan water breaks every couple of hours into every outing, long car ride, or extended activity.
- Remember that hats and helmets trap heat, so take them off during breaks.
- Relax—chronically high stress hormones can increase dehydration by causing the body to get rid of fluids.
Choose Your Replenishing Drinks Wisely
Many drinks marketed as hydration or sports/electrolyte drinks often contain sugar, artificial sweeteners, additives, or caffeine. Even 100% fruit juices are often not the best choice, since drinks high in any form of sugar slow down fluid absorption in the body.
Healthier options include pure water or an electrolyte-rich drink with no sugar or artificial additives.
Oxylent, Children’s Oxylent, and Prenatal Oxylent are excellent, healthy choices to help you stay hydrated this summer. They contain electrolytes plus a full spectrum of other essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids—all in once refreshing drink! All with no sugar, calories, gluten, dairy, soy, caffeine, anything artificial, and no GMOs—just pure, clean nutrients, 100% natural fruit flavors, and hint of stevia to enhance your water and your health!
Drink plenty and often to stay hydrated and healthy all summer long!
Visit oxylent.com to learn more.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.