Do You Know What’s In Your Sports Drink?
There are many sports and fitness beverages on the market that contain added electrolytes, vitamins, or other nutrients for use during and after intense physical exercise.
However, many of these drinks contain ingredients that not only provide no nutritional value but also pose potential health risks:
- Artificial Sweeteners such as sucralose (Splenda) and acesulfame potassium (Sweet One) are associated with a wide variety of serious health hazards.
- Artificial Colors including Red 40, Yellow 5, and Yellow 6 are derived from petroleum and are linked to extensive health hazards.
- Artificial Additives used for texture, color, and/or flavor—including Propylene Glycol, Potassium Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 80, Calcium disodium EDTA—many of which are rated as health hazards by the Environmental Working Group (EWG).
- Fructose. Researchers have recommended avoiding this form of sugar, which is also a major immune system depressant, like all sugars, and competes with the absorption of vitamin C.
Oxylent’s daily multivitamin healthy sports drink is a far healthier alternative—delivering electrolytes plus a full panel of other essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, and amino acids—with none of the risky additives. Each packet contains:
- 50 mg Sodium – As much as most sports/electrolyte drinks
- 225 mg Potassium – More than most sports/electrolyte drinks
- 100% DV of 7 B Vitamins – Exercise may increase B vitamin requirements, and low or marginal levels may decrease ability to perform exercise at high intensities
- 1000 mg Vitamin C – Vitamin C is involved in many biochemical pathways important to exercise metabolism and may benefit exercise recovery
- No Sugar – Sweetened with only natural Stevia, which has a Glycemic Index of zero and does not cause the spiked blood sugar levels or the over stimulation of insulin that can decrease athletic performance
Without any artificial ingredients that pose risks to your health, each packet of Oxylent’s vitamin drinks provides not just the electrolytes sodium and potassium, but also a full panel of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, and amino acids—all in one delicious drink with no sugar, calories, gluten, dairy, or additives.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.