Albion® Ferrochel® (ferrous bis-glycinate chelate) offers several key advantages over typical iron supplements—thanks to its chelated form. Like all Albion minerals, Ferrochel is chelated to produce a mineral supplement of superior quality and results.
1. Safer—your body absorbs only what it needs
Ferrochel’s chelate structure allows your body’s iron stores to control how much iron is absorbed, so that you don’t absorb too much.
- Research shows that there is a mechanism in the intestinal wall which controls the amount of iron absorbed from Ferrochel, based upon the body’s iron levels.
- A body suffering from iron deficiency may uptake 90% of the iron from Ferrochel, while a body that is not deficient may uptake only the amount needed to offset losses in metabolism.
2. Less Gastrointestinal Upset (e.g. nausea and/or constipation)
- Studies have found fewer instances of gastrointestinal upset with Ferrochel than with ferrous sulfate, which is typically associated with constipation and/or nausea.
- This is a huge advantage for pregnant women, who can take Prenatal Oxylent without worrying that the iron will cause nausea and/or constipation.
3. No Taste
- A study of iron supplementation in pregnant women found that 29.8% of women stopped taking a typical iron supplement (ferrous sulfate) due to taste—compared to none of the women taking Ferrochel.
4. More Effective—even with a lower dose
Ferrochel’s chelated form significantly increases absorption through the intestinal wall compared to typical iron supplements.
- A study comparing the effectiveness of Ferrochel versus a typical iron supplement (ferrous sulfate) found that 15 mg/day Ferrochel was significantly more effective at improving iron status than 40 mg/day of ferrous sulfate, in spite of the lower dose.
5. Does Not Block Absorption of Other Nutrients
- Typical iron supplements, when dissolved in the stomach, become charged ions that can block absorption of other nutrients such as calcium, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
- Because Ferrochel chelate is ionically neutral (carrying no electrical charge), it does not block absorption of other nutrients.
6. GMO-free, Vegetarian, Hypo-allergenic, Kosher, Halal, BSE-free
Vitalah chooses Ferrochel for Prenatal Oxylent & Children’s Oxylent
Based in our commitment to superior quality, science-backed ingredients, Vitalah chooses Albion Ferrochel as the source of iron contained in Prenatal Oxylent and Children’s Oxylent daily multivitamin drink mixes.
Albion Ferrochel is one of the ways that Prenatal Oxylent and Children’s Oxylent deliver superior quality, unique formulas that offer safe and effective nutritional support for optimal health.
Visit oxylent.com to learn more.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.