March is National Nutrition Month—a perfect time to learn the latest facts about supplements, which many of us take to ensure we’re getting the nutrition we need.
Every year, The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) conducts a survey of U.S. adults about dietary supplements—asking questions like who takes them, what are they taking, why, and more.
This year’s results are in, and here’s what they discovered.
- More than two-thirds of U.S. adults (68%) take dietary supplements.
- 75% of adults age 55+ take supplements.
- The most popular supplement is a multivitamin—“an affordable insurance policy for good health”—with 52% of U.S. adults reporting taking a multivitamin.
- 53% of people described themselves as a “regular user,” 12% as an “occasional user,” and 4% as a “seasonal user.”
- Top reasons for taking supplements? “Overall health and wellness benefits” (54%), followed by “fill in nutrient gaps in my diet” (36%).
- Supplement users are more likely to exercise regularly, visit their doctor regularly, and try to eat a balanced diet.
- Consumer confidence is high—85% of people surveyed are confident in the safety, quality, and effectiveness of dietary supplements!
At Oxylent, we are committed to delivering the highest quality effervescent multivitamin drinks on the market. Each packet of Oxylent dissolves in water to create a refreshing sparkling drink that delivers a 5-in-1 formula of essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, and electrolytes. All with no sugar, calories, dairy, gluten, soy, caffeine, or GMOs. Learn more at